Cleansing your body is a great way to rid yourself of all of the toxins that may be lurking in your system. Drinking cold water and juice is all well and good in the summer but when it is winter and you are already cold, that just does not sound appealing. Here are some ways that you can detox yourself in the winter without having to make yourself even chillier.
1. Sip warm water all through the day. It not only will help you warm up but will keep your system running as it should. Try to drink at least 60 ounces of water per day.
2. Laughter really is the best medicine. Keep on laughing to help you reduce the stress hormone cortisol and decrease the amount of belly fat that you have as well.
3. Take your time when you are eating. Don’t gobble everything down in a hurry. Savor your food and taste it for what it really is. This will help you to eat less too.
4. Slow down. Try to take some time out every single day to relax. You are meant to hibernate in the winter so go do a little hibernating.
5. Start out your day with a glass of lemon and warm water. This will help to boost your metabolism for the day.
6. Eat less junk food and eat more clean foods. Get your daily dose of fresh veggies, leafy greens, fruits, lean proteins, and healthy fats such as nuts and avocados. Try to stay away from fatty foods, sugar, and artificial sweeteners.
7. Instead of eating starchy mashed potatoes, try mashed cauliflower instead.
8. Take care of yourself with a little pampering. Everyone needs a little “me time” every now and then. Relax in a bubble bath, sit and have a drink by the fire, or get out and have a girls’ night out with your friends.
9. Exercise daily. To keep the fat burning and your body working correctly you need to have a scheduled exercise time every day.
10. Drink some dandelion root tea. It helps to detoxify the liver, shed water weight, and relieve constipation.