When trying to lose weight a healthy loss per week is 1-2 pounds. It is easier than you may think and doesn’t mean that you need to rearrange your entire life. One pound per week equals 3,500 calories, so you need to burn 500 more calories per day. You can do these five things that will help you to cut 500 calories from your daily routines:
1. We tend to get bigger portions during meals than we really should be eating. There is a phrase that your eyes are bigger than your stomach. When eating a meal try and leave 25% of it on the plate. We are brought up to believe that we always need to clean our plates fully and have often heard “There are starving children in other countries” as a reason why. Using a smaller plate or bowl can also help you to cut out calories because the portions look bigger when they are on a smaller dish so you don’t eat as much.
2. A night of fun can turn into a mass of empty calories if you are not careful. Cocktails are loaded with sugar and can run up your calorie count very quickly. Instead of sipping on a margarita or strawberry daiquiri, try for your favorite liquor with a splash of fruit juice or diet soda instead.
3. Change up your breakfast. Get rid of the carb and calorie-loaded bagel and cream cheese for a bowl of fiber cereal with fruit in it. This will cut a lot of calories but will also help you to feel full.
4. Chew your food thoroughly. If you take just a couple of bites and then quickly swallow your food you will end up eating more than you should because your brain doesn’t have time to process that you are full and should not take another bite. Chew slowly and at least 20 times.
5. Get moving. Walking for just 15 minutes per day can burn 100 calories. If you make that a part of a normal routine you will add up calories burned quickly. Even doing something as simple as standing more can burn more.