Cooking with different types of healthy oils instead of butter is a great way to add some flavor to your dish and reduce fat and calories. Here are 7 great oils that you should begin to cook with:
1. Avocado oil: Rich and creamy, this oil is sure to please as it is loaded with monounsaturated fats (the good fats) and can help to reduce cholesterol. When added to a salad it can also boost the absorbency of the antioxidants in vegetables.
2. Hemp oil: This oil is loaded with omega-3 and omega-6 fats. The omega-3 can help reduce the risk of diabetes while omega-6 has been shown in recent studies to improve the quality of the skin. Hemp oil that is grown for consumption does not contain any of the psychoactive chemicals that are found in marijuana.
3. Hazelnut oil: Not only does this oil taste fantastic but it gives you a good boost of Vitamin E which helps your hearing and helps to sharpen your mind. Nearly 80% of the fat in hazelnut oil is monounsaturated which is great for your heart.
4. Grapeseed oil: This oil can help to reduce the risk of strokes and gives a good Vitamin E boost. It can also curb hunger pangs.
5. Almond oil: Almond oil is made by pressing the oil out of almond paste. It has monounsaturated fats and Vitamin E. It helps to lower cholesterol and can also be used as a topical skin moisturizer.
6. Tea Seed oil: Carrying a lemony flavor, this oil is a little harder to find than some others, but it is worth it. It is a heart healthy oil and helps to reduce cholesterol numbers.
7. Red Palm oil: This oil is loaded with beta-carotenes, alpha-carotene, and Vitamin A. It is used to promote immune system health as well as eye and bone health.