There is a lot of advice for singles who are dating. On the conservative end of the spectrum there will be advice about women needing to “keep themselves” until they are married and then on the liberal end of the spectrum is all the advice about how to have fun in the bedroom. When it comes to divorced people, things get a little more complicated. It is more likely that there will be children to consider and also ex-spouses and all the baggage that may still be hanging around after the marriage has been dissolved.
There has to be some consideration given to the fact that men and women do not take the same approach towards casual s*x.
Many women find it difficult to be in a casual s*x relationship because of the powerful hormone oxytocin, which is released during [email protected] It is believed that oxytocin may cause a woman to create a strong emotional tie to s*[email protected] partners. Only you can decide what feels right and acceptable to you.
Here is a list of useful dos and don’ts if you decide that casual s*x after divorce is right for you.
1. Be honest. Explore your innermost reasons for wanting to engage in casual s*x as well as what that means to you. You may prefer just a quick roll in the hay with no real conversation, or you may want a partner that spends time communicating with you about other mutual interests. Cuddling afterwards is optional.
2. Be straightforward. Show respect to your partner. You need to be confident enough to tell your partner exactly what you do and do not want in the relationship. Let it be known that either of you can terminate the relationship without explanation or hard feelings.
3. Be realistic. This relationship is temporary and it will end. Know that you have opted for this arrangement for pleasure. If feelings get in the way, you may need to look at yourself. This relationship will not likely grow into a long-term relationship.
4. Be safe. Even if you are just looking for casual s*x, be aware that there are some real whack jobs out there. Do your homework if you met him online. Let a trusted friend know where you are and with whom. If the guy treats you badly or if you have any reservations at all, end the relationship immediately.
5. Be protected. Feel free to explore your wild s*xual side, while protecting your health and well-being. Be prepared with condoms and use them, even if you have other means of birth control.