Baking soda is an everyday life saver that many people overlook. There are so many different uses for it that range from hair care, odor control, to baking needs, to beauty. Here are ten great uses for baking soda around your home.
1. Do you have an ant problem in your home? Try putting a trail of baking soda on their ant holes to stop them from getting from outside to inside your home.
2. When you put dairy into a container such as a thermos it can leave a strange smell. Swirl a tablespoon of baking soda in with really hot water in the container and the smell will be gone.
3. Add half a cup of baking soda to a warm bath after a long day. It helps to relax and energize you.
4. Sometimes the chemicals in soaps can be too harsh for your face. Put a couple of teaspoons of baking soda into a bowl of water and rinse your face with it. Dry immediately. Your skin will be clean and soft.
5. Make your kitties happy. A smelly litter box is not only gross for humans but cats aren’t a fan either. Sprinkle some baking soda onto their litter box and it will trap the odor. It is safe for your feline friends as well.
6. Dead insects on your windshield are no match for baking soda. Just put some on a wet sponge and wipe away.
7. If you have a bite from a mosquito that is swollen and itchy make a paste out of the baking soda and water. Apply to the bite and you will notice relief right away.
8. Add just a pinch of baking soda to the water that you are making your coffee with. It will bring out the flavor that hard water tends to overpower.
9. Love to put your smoothies in a thermos but hate the clean up after? Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda, some hot water, and let it soak overnight.
10. For whiter and shinier teeth mix equal parts baking soda and coconut oil with a few drops of peppermint oil for a homemade whitening toothpaste.