If you are just starting out with a routine to lose weight, all of the information out there can be quite confusing. Some will say to do one thing and others will tell you something completely different. Here is a beginner’s guide from fighterdiet to get super fit and toned:
1. It is a myth that you will be bulky if you eat a clean diet and do weight training. Weights will help you to tone your muscles. When you lift weights it burns more calories than cardio because it is burning muscle mass.
2. Do not go to an extreme with dieting. If you are used to eating foods like cereal, granola, and sandwiches, do not stray too far from that or you will find yourself falling off the wagon quickly. Instead, find healthier options of the foods that you love.
3. When you do cardio you are training your body to burn off fat. You need to be able to push yourself just like you would with weight lifting to see actual results. Don’t over-train, but make sure you are doing enough to get results.
4. Having a trainer is very important when you start out. They will be able to help you prevent injury and find the maximum benefit from your routine.
5. Eating smaller meals is easier during the day if you have a protein shake in between your three meals. This way you are full and will not snack.
6. If you are new to exercise, take it slow to start. Make sure that you don’t injure yourself. If you go to fast your body will shut itself down to stop you from hurting yourself.
7. Cutting out carbs is not the key to a healthy weight. You need to learn about eating the right carbs and learning when to eat those carbs.
8. While there are foods that have good fats like nuts and avocados you need go easy on your portions because the fats and calories will add up.
9. Don’t be discouraged when you don’t lose weight on the scales when you first start out. Measure yourself instead. You will see inches coming off because you are building muscle and replacing the fat.
10. Unless you eat a lot of fruits and veggies during the day it’s a good idea to take a vitamin supplement so that your body is charged and ready to go.