Sweets are everywhere. They tempt us with their colorful sugary goodness. If you want to eat healthy, staying away from sugar can prove to be a very hard task. Here are some ways that you can cut sugar from your life without hating life after!
1. You need to drink water. Water will help you to feel full and will reduce your cravings for sweets. Often when you are craving sweet foods it means that you are dehydrated.
2. Read your labels. Look for sugar that is disguised under other names such as high fructose corn syrup or sucralose. Watch out for artificial sweeteners such as Splenda as well.
3. Try different spices. There are spices out there that will make food seem sweeter like cinnamon, cloves, ginger, or nutmeg. Spices such as these can benefit you in other ways as well. Cinnamon can help you to lower your blood sugar naturally.
4. Start exercising more. When you are physically active you are balancing your blood sugar levels better than if you are just sitting in front of the TV.
5. Go through your kitchen and get rid of everything that has sugar or artificial sweeteners. This will reduce the temptation for you. You are a lot less likely to eat sweets if they are not staring you in the face.
6. Try to use more natural sweeteners such as raw honey, pure maples syrup, agave nectar, or dried fruits.
7. Go for more sleep and more relaxation. When you are tired and have no energy the foods with a lot of carbs are going to be the first thing that you reach for.
8. Slow down your life. Many of us will grab sugary snacks when we are having a bad day, or when we are stressed out. If you slow yourself down and relax a little, you will be able to make better decisions.