Writer Olivia Johnson says that she is tired of dating. She got back into dating but then quickly realized that she was fed up with it and shares the five reasons why dating is so awful for some.
1. You tend to lose yourself and who you are while dating. You think that you have found a great person and then begin to change who you are to try to be the person you think they want you to be. You spend money on new clothes, new shoes, and things like hair and nails to try and impress them. You turn into someone that is not you.
2. We try to act like we don’t care when it ends to make ourselves feel better. This actually hurts more than heals. If you push your feelings aside and try to lessen the emotions that you have you will cloud your judgment and may try to jump into something sooner than you would have before. You need time to process.
3. It is expensive and taxing to date. You get emotionally involved and then it ends. You become attached to someone and then they decide that they don’t want to date anymore. You spend money on primping and going out.
4. It is hard to be vulnerable and can end up hurting you in the process. Letting your emotions go and breaking down those walls can be a very hard thing to do and the healing process that leads to being vulnerable is emotionally draining.
5. Social media makes everything more confusing. Relationship statuses on Facebook are a huge problem for many. If he likes a status that you posted does that mean he really likes you? He sent you a tweet, he must be smitten. Or he is just sending a tweet and liking a post on Facebook because he is friendly. Social media leads to overthinking.