We can’t always eat healthy food 24/7. Sometimes we just really want a piece of cake or some ice cream. But when you slip, don’t beat yourself up over it. You should have a cheat day every now and then. Here are some things you can do after you eat something that is less than healthy to get back on track.
– Stop: Don’t keep eating bad foods. Just because you had one bad meal doesn’t mean that you need to give up and keep eating poorly.
– Hydrate Yourself: Drink lots and lots of water. It will help flush things through your body faster. Give yourself at least three to four hours before eating anything else so your body can process what you have already eaten.
– Get Up: Start moving. Head to the gym, go for a walk, help to burn off those empty calories that you just consumed.
– Honesty: Be honest with yourself as to why you ate what you did. Were you stressed? Were you bored? Was it peer pressure? When you understand why you ate what you did, you will be less likely to eat for that reason in the future.
– Green Juice: Don’t drink green juice right after an unhealthy meal. Wait until the next morning to start. Try having green juice all day until the afternoon to try and reset your body.
If you know that you are headed into a situation where there may be some food that will tempt you, fill up on healthy stuff first. Eat some fruit and a salad before you go, and bring a healthy snack with you in your purse that you can eat instead of snacking on that giant pizza that is at the party you are going to.