We all know that when you try to diet, you hear all kinds of rules about what works and what doesn’t. You hear about what you should do and what you should never do. How do you know what is right and what is not? Here are 10 rules that you actually do not need to follow.
1. You can skip breakfast. Yes, people are always told that it’s the most important meal of the day and you should never skip it. Eating breakfast early in the morning leaves more time for eating during the day which means you may take in more calories than you want. Your metabolism will not suffer if you eat a snack later on.
2. It is okay for you to eat a big dinner. Many people shy away from eating at night, but research has shown it makes no difference in weight loss.
3. You don’t need to eat six small meals a day. As long as you are eating the number of calories that you need for your diet, you are still going to have the same results.
4. There are good carbs and there are bad carbs. You can have the good ones, and they can actually help you lose weight. People tend not to differentiate and cut carbs completely.
5. There is a pill that will help your weight loss and is worth buying. That pill is a Vitamin D supplement. Research has shown people with higher vitamin D levels have lower body fat percentages.
6. Go ahead, exercise on an empty stomach. It is better than exercising with a full one!
7. You can eat saturated fats. Cholesterol is actually an antioxidant that fights free radicals, however when you eat a lot of processed foods such as sugars and fatty foods, the cholesterol has to elevate itself to fight off those processed foods.
8. Give fasting a try. Research has shown that people who fast for just one day per month had a 40% lower risk of having clogged arteries. Fasts once a week can help you to lose weight without any danger.
9. Organic food will not help you lose weight faster. It is the same food as non-organic, just without the pesticides.
10. Protein is good for you. Eat it, and eat as much as you want. There is no such thing as too much. Just watch your calorie intake still.