There have always been double standards between men and women. Women have come a long way in the last few decades but these common double standards still exist for some reason:
1. Bossy – When you are a woman in a position of power in the workplace and you are strict you end up being called all sorts of colorful names. You are also told that you are bossy. If a man is assertive in a position of power though he is just commanding respect.
2. Career – Women wasn’t to have high-powered careers too. When they go after these careers they are often told that they are ignoring the responsibilities that they have as a woman such as housework and family. Should a man go for a high-powered career, he is called ambitious.
3. Dieting – Men on diets are said to be looking out for their health and are taking care of themselves. When a woman goes on a diet it is all about her look sand she is only do it to be thinner.
4. Aging – Men are said to get better looking as they age. Women get suggestions for plastic surgery and wrinkle creams.
5. Body hair – Some men will shave off all of their body hair because they want to but if they don’t, it is no big deal. Women however get the slightest bit of stubble and they are condemned.
6. Having multiple partners – If a woman has multiple s*xual partners she is called many different names that mean that she is promiscuous. Normally when a male has multiple partners he is getting high-fives from his buddies.
7. No children – Often times people will condemn a woman for not wanting children. She will be called selfish and be chastised for not wanting a family. Not all women want a child and there is nothing wrong with that at all. If a man doesn’t want a child, no one ever tells him that he is selfish right?
8. Overweight – This is one of the biggest double standards out there. Men who are a little overweight get jokes about their “beer bellies” but that is about it. You don’t hear other men snickering in a corner because they think the man standing across the room is fat. You don’t often see women look right by a man because he is a little overweight either. However if a woman is even a little overweight she will be passed over for dates, told that she should diet, and that she should exercise more because she is not taking care of her body.