When you are trying to lose weight, it can be tough to make the right choices when you are at the grocery store. It is hard to find foods that are tasty but can still help you to lose weight, especially with all of the unhealthy foods that surround you. Here are 5 diet friendly foods that taste good too.
1. Pistachios that are still in the shell: A University of Illinois study showed that people who ate pistachios while still in the shell decreased their calorie intake by 41% as opposed to those who ate them pre-shelled. The study also found that those who let their shells pile up in front of them ate less than those who immediately threw the shells out.
2. Potatoes: This food has gotten a bad reputation through the years. One medium potato only has 110 calories, 2 grams of fiber, and 3 grams of protein. They help to promote fat burning and lower blood pressure. They are also more filling than sides such as bread or crackers.
3. Eggs: The incredible, edible egg! Scrap the bagels and eat your eggs instead. It can help you to cut calories through the day and can help you lose weight. A study showed that those who had eggs for breakfast dropped 65% more weight and more fat from their stomach than those who ate bagels.
4. Oatmeal: If you don’t like eggs or are vegan, oatmeal is a great substitute. With four grams of fiber, whole grains, and five grams of protein per cup, oatmeal can help you to feel full through the day.
5. Greek Yogurt: If you are looking to trim inches this is one of the best things that you can eat. Non-fat or low-fat Greek yogurt has more than 20 grams of protein per cup and is low in natural sugars. It helps to reduce appetite and gives you a smaller appetite over time.