When you eat foods that you think are bad for you, you may be doing it to try and fill a void that is in your life, or because you are bored and trying to occupy the time. This is common for many people. There are five foods out there however that we have been told are bad for us, but they are actually pretty great.
1. Butter: Do you buy margarine instead of butter when you shop because you think that it’s better for you? Guess again. Organic butter is actually really good for you. If you don’t want to try real butter, go for some coconut mana butter.
2. Chocolate: Around that time of the month, chocolate cravings start. We try to avoid eating it because we think that it is terribly bad for us and will cause us to gain weight. While this may be true of milk chocolate, it is not for dark! Chocolate that is 70% dark or more is high in antioxidants. It is also real, and extremely satisfying for your sweet tooth.
3. Carrots: Some people that are on low or no-carb diets avoid carrots because they are “high-carb”. Carrots are a good for you; plain and simple. They are a whole food. Whole foods should always be on your plate for every meal. They are good for the body and good for the soul.
4. Potato: This is also a whole food that should be on your plate more than it probably is. Yes, there are carbs in potatoes, but there is also protein, fiber, and low calories.
5. Eggs: You see eggs on almost every list that deals with foods that are good because they are a super food. They are full of protein and are low in calories. They are a real food when they are made of the yolk and the whites and should be kept that way. Go organic for the best taste!