By: Krystle Crossman
Detoxifying your body is a great thing. It flushes out the bad and makes room for the good. Our bodies are built to detoxify us naturally, but sometimes they need a little help. Here are 9 foods that can help the process and cleanse your body.
1. Cauliflower: Cauliflower is great because it contains a lot of different vitamins and minerals. It also has antioxidants which not only help with detoxification but reduce inflammation as well.
2. Lentils: These legumes are rich in fiber. This helps with detoxification by aiding with digestion and elimination, balancing blood sugar, raising energy levels, and lowering cholesterol.
3. Broccoli: Much like cauliflower, broccoli is packed full of vitamins and minerals. It helps to neutralize and eliminate the toxins that are in your body.
4. Turnip Greens: Along with their detoxification properties, turnip greens have been known to reduce inflammation and also help to prevent many different types of cancers.
5. Grapefruit: These are a bit tangy for some people, but they are an excellent food to help with a detox. They are full of fiber and help to prevent kidney stones, lower cholesterol, and help the body with digestion.
6. Steel Cut Oats: Oats help to keep you full longer because they are packed full of soluble and insoluble fibers. They keep things running in your digestive system and can prevent you from snacking on junk.
7. Cucumbers: Made up of 95% water, cucumbers help you to flush out the toxins in your body. They also have the ability to alkalize your body as well.
8. Sunflower Seeds: These tasty treats are great for your liver. They are full of selenium and vitamin E which helps the liver to get rid of harmful molecules that could hurt your body. They also prevent cholesterol from building up in your arteries.
9. Hemp Seeds: Hemp seeds are full of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids which are an amazing asset to your body and mind. They are anti-inflammatory and also aid in elimination.