Inflammation can cause severe pain throughout the body. The good news is that there are foods that can reduce inflammation.
1. Oily fish that are high in Omega-3 fatty acids such as salmon, tuna, mackerel, and sardines have been shown to help reduce inflammation. You need to eat the fish a few times a week for the full benefits and need to cook it in a healthy way.
2. If you eat grains, eat whole grains instead of processed grains like cereal, rice, white bread, and pasta. Whole grains have more fiber which has been shown to help reduce inflammation.
3. Vitamin E may play a key role in reducing inflammation. Foods that are rich in Vitamin E are dark veggies like kale and spinach, collard greens, and broccoli.
4. Healthy fats found in nuts fight inflammation and also have antioxidants.
5. Several studies may show that isoflavones which are estrogen-like compounds, can help with CHP and inflammation. They are found mostly in soy products.
6. Milk is considered an inflammatory trigger in certain people such as those with arthritis, but if your body can tolerate dairy, low-fat and non-fat milk or yogurt can help reduce inflammation.
7. Veggies that are full of color such as peppers and squash are also full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatories.
8. Tomatoes fall into the category above as well because they have lycopene which has been shown to help with inflammation in some people.
9. Beets are a colorful food that packs an anti-inflammatory punch. They also protect against cancer and heart disease.
10. When taken in supplement form ginger has been shown to reduce inflammation in the intestines while turmeric has been shown to regulate the immune system which is responsible for inflammation.
11. Garlic works in a similar way to ibuprofen as it blocks the pathways for inflammation.
12. Olive oil and plant-based fats are good to help stop inflammatory pain.
13. Berries have been shown to reduce inflammation due to anthocyanins which give the berries their color.
14. Finally tart cherries have been shown to be the most effective food in getting rid of inflammation.