Going on a diet and being disciplined enough to stay away from your favorite foods can prove to be extremely challenging. If you are trying to lose weight, here are five ways that can be almost effortless with a little work.
1. Drink more water. Cut back on any sugary drinks or diet sodas and focus on more water or sodium free seltzers. If you are active you should be drinking more water than you would usually drink as well. Recommendations for how much you should be drinking are different depending on who you ask, but the most common is 2.2 liters per day for a woman and 3 liters for a man.
2. Eat your veggies. The more veggies that you eat, the less junk you will eat. You will also gain valuable nutrients and vitamins through them. They are low in calories so you can eat a ton during the day without having to worry about gaining weight. If you try to eat veggies with every meal you will notice a difference.
3. Eat the good fats. Fats that are found in foods like coconut oil, avocado, or sunflower seeds should be included in your diet. They help your hair and nails grow, your hair will be shinier, and your skin will glow. These fats will help you to lose weight as well as they help you to absorb nutrients and vitamins.
4. Do the exercise that you like. If you don’t like going to the gym, don’t. Find something that you like to do such as yoga, sports, or dancing. The more you like it, the more likely you are to do it often and stick with it.
5. Don’t ban foods. If you put a big red mark on foods that you want to ban, it is going to make them that much more tempting. You can eat the foods that you like, but you need to do so in moderation. Have one cheat day per week to get your junk food fix.