Everyone ages. It is a natural part of life but there are certain foods that can help you to reverse the signs of aging. There have been claims that many different foods can do everything from reducing cancer risk to preventing a heart attack. For anti-aging, produce is the answer.
1. Tomatoes: This produce has an anti-oxidant called Lycopene. Lycopene has the ability to combat free radicals which are ions that can attack healthy cells and damage the immune system. This means the tomato can help to prevent cancer.
2. Kale: This leafy green is packed with Vitamin K. This vitamin can help you to ward off heart disease or osteoporosis.
3. Eggplant: The anti-oxidant nasunin is responsible for the eggplant’s deep purple color. It helps to reduce the spread of cancerous cells by cutting their blood supply. It can also slow the development of Alzheimer’s.
4. Red Bell Pepper: This vegetable contains more than 60% of your daily value of Vitamin C. This triggers the production of white blood cells and helps to boost the immune system. People who eat more Vitamin C are less prone to wrinkles.
5. Blackberries: Rutin is an anti-oxidant that is found in high volume in blackberries. It has been shown to block the enzyme that forms blood clots which lowers the risk of heart attack or stroke.
6. Basil: Eugenol is the anti-oxidant that is found in this herb. Recent studies have shown that eugenol brings about anti-carcinogenic activity on cervical cancer cells which cause them to self-destruct.
7. Brussel Sprouts: These green veggies have genes that suppress tumors. The sulfur also helps those genes by blocking the enzymes that promote tumor growth. It has also been shown that the sulfur play a role in treating rheumatoid arthritis.