Winter can be harsh on your skin. The cold air makes it dry out, your skin starts to crack, and your face is dry and peeling. Here are some ways that you can have that beautiful glowing skin that you want even in the winter.
1. Keep it hydrated: You need to make sure that your skin is hydrated. The cold temps can dry out your skin faster than you may think. Pick up a moisturizer that is rich in coconut oil. You will especially like this moisturizer during the winter months. Apply a liberal amount to your dry skin after your first shower and then at least once a day after that.
2. Get rid of the rough stuff: Your skin is left dry and rough due to the low amount of humidity that is in the air. Grab an exfoliating body wash to strip away the rough skin or patches of dry dead skin. With these layers gone you will see the fresh, new skin on the surface.
3. Party time: If you are heading out to a party and don’t want to look pale find a temporary bronzing cream. You will want to find one that is one or two shades darker than your natural skin color and apply it on whatever skin you will be showing off that night.
4. Bronze it up: If you want a more bronze look during the winter, go for a self-tanning bronzing spray or lotion. It will help to give you that sun kissed look until you can actually get out and catch some rays.
5. Goodbye Rudolph: When you come in from the cold you look like Rudolph with a big red nose. To hydrate your skin so that the redness disappears or at the very least minimizes find cream-based makeup. This will help to keep your skin soft and protected from the elements.