Trying not to snack on junk food all through the day can be tough, especially if you are not eating the right foods to keep you full all through the day. Here are some foods to eat that are healthy and will help keep you satisfied longer.
1. Nuts – They contain fiber which helps to kill your appetite. They also have healthy fats and help lower cholesterol.
2. Oatmeal – Half a cup will give you five grams of fiber.
3. Apples – Apples not only contain fiber, they also contain a lot of water which can help you to feel full also.
4. Spices – Spices such as cayenne pepper have been found to suppress appetite when added to meals.
5. Mint – The smell of mint can help to calm you down and it also helps to suppress appetite.
6. Avocado – Full of fiber and healthy fats, avocados are a great snack any time of the day.
7. Edamame – Half a cup of edamame contains only 95 calories and has over eight grams of protein.
8. Leafy Greens – High water content and fiber make these filling.
9. Flaxseeds – One tablespoon has 2.3 grams of omega-3s and three grams of fiber.
10. Chia Seeds – These seeds contain protein, fiber, and omega-3s.
11. Eggs – Packed full of protein, eggs for breakfast will keep you fuller longer.
12. Yogurt – Yogurt is packed with protein and also has fat-burning potential.
13. Coffee – Studies have shown that caffeine can help to suppress your appetite.
14. Lemon – Eating a sour food can help stop cravings for sweets.
15. Vinegar – This helps you to cut down on snacking because it slows down the process of emptying your stomach.
16. Soup – Eating soup before a meal has been shown to help people eat less during their meal. Broth-based soups are best.
17. Water – Sometimes all you need is ice cold water.
18. Beans – Beans contain few calories and lots of fiber and protein.
19. Green tea – This beverage helps to regulate the appetite suppressing hormone.
20. Salmon – Salmon is a lean protein and also has omega-3s.