By: Krystle Crossman
Happy couples are everywhere. Some people may wonder how they remain so happy and what their secret is. There is really no true secret to being in a happy and healthy relationship as everyone is different however there are some science-backed facts that can help you to be happy with your partner:
1. Instincts – Make sure that you trust your gut. Deep down you know what is right and what is not right for you. If you are about to make a big step in a relationship but something is telling you not to do it, it is best to listen. If you take that step without listening to your gut you could end up in a very unhappy situation.
2. Communication – Communicating properly with your partner is one of the easiest and most effective ways to have a happy relationship. If you learn how to speak with your partner so that they understand what it is that you want from them and from yourself they will be able to accommodate better. The more you learn to listen to your partner the more in tune you will be with them.
3. Love at first sight – While you catch the eye of the man across the room and fall madly in love remember that life is not a fairy tale. Love at first sight absolutely happens however it doesn’t always last. Make sure that you do not move too quickly and reign in your feelings until you feel that it is going to become serious.
4. Attractiveness – Looks are not everything. While physical attraction is important you should base your choice in partner on more than looks alone. Find someone who has a personality that matches what you are looking for and that they have a sense of humor that you like. Make sure that they are the whole package. If you partner with someone just based on an outward appearance you may find your relationship fizzling fast.
5. Best friends – Many partners will say that their partner is their best friend. This is one of the best ways to think about your partner. It is important for each of you to have your own time away from each other but at the end of the day they should be the person that you want to run home and talk to. They should be the one who you tell everything to. This makes for a much happier relationship and a stronger bond.
6. Pick your battles – There are some things that are worth fighting for and then there are things that you should let go. Don’t stay mad over small things and let it turn into a big fight about nothing. Pick your battles carefully.