The divorce rate in this country is alarmingly high. Almost half of all marriages end in divorce. Many place the blame on their partner, but they don’t realize that they may be engaging in behaviors that are ending the marriage. Here are five things that will quickly end a marriage.
1. Ignoring the issues: When you ignore your issues instead of trying to work through them they bottle up and eventually cause problems. The feelings that you have about a certain problem will chip away at you little by little as time goes on until everything explodes and causes a bigger issue.
2. Not doing the work: Marriages are work and not realizing that you have to make an effort can create issues. You need to continue to work on it to make sure that it survives and grows stronger. You need to understand what it means to be in a marriage and what it takes to make the relationship last forever.
3. Not realizing communication is key: Communication is the foundation of every relationship. If you do not communicate with your partner eventually everything will fall apart. There is a right way to fight and a wrong way to fight. Issuing blame and shaming the other person is not the way to go and will cause more tension in the marriage. Communicate openly and honestly to keep your partner in the know.
4. Not taking time to be together: This one should be obvious but it seems that most couples are so busy these days they don’t take time to be together. Spending time together will give you a chance to connect and communicate with each other. It can bring you much closer.
5. No delegation: When you live with another person, both parties are expected to do their fair share of the work. When one picks up the slack it can cause tension and lead to a fight.