When Caroline Jhingory was 22 years old she was 5’2” and weighed 300 pounds. She had been diagnosed as being pre-diabetic because her blood sugar was very high. She called this “rock bottom” and wanted to do something about it. She was still on her parents’ insurance so she decided to talk to her doctor and see what he recommended she do to lose some weight. He told her not to eat anything that is white. Ten years later Caroline is 150 pounds lighter.
The doctor told her no more foods that were white which meant no breads, potatoes, rice, or pasta. Anything that was made out of white flour was something that she should not be touching. Along with this advice from the doctor she began to walk everywhere that she could in her hometown of Washington DC instead of taking the Metro.
She lost 30 pounds just in the first two months. After that she ended up losing the 150 pounds in just 18 months. Ten years later she is still slim and trim. She has maintained the weight loss through exercise and a proper diet that does not include anything that is considered a white food.
Caroline says that through her experience she learned that 85% of being healthy is eating right, and the other 15% is the exercise. She wrote a book about her experience and how she lost the weight. It is called Half My Size: How I Ate to Lose 150 Pounds. She has been a guest on shows such as Good Morning America and Access Hollywood. Currently she is also a motivational speaker. She gives weight loss tips, recipe tips, and demonstrations on many different television shows.