When you go on your lunch break during the work day, what do you do? Do you grab your lunch and go back to your desk? Do you sit and surf the internet? Keep in mind that it is called a break for a reason. You need to actually take a break from work. Here are ten things that super successful people do on their lunch breaks.
1. Walk away from the desk. You need to take a break from the computer screen. You also need to make sure that people know you are on break so you don’t get interrupted with work related issues.
2. Go outside. Get some fresh air. It will recharge your body and give you a nice breather from the stuffy office air.
3. Try exercising during your break. Even if it is a brisk walk around the building, it will raise your endorphins and energize you for the remainder of your day.
4. Read a book. Reading will take your mind completely away from work and allow you to clear your mind so that you are fresh when you come back.
5. Eat healthy foods. Don’t go and grab fast food or something from the vending machine. Bring a healthy lunch with you that is full of protein and fiber to keep your brain working through the day.
6. Don’t eat too much. If you over-eat you are producing more insulin than normal and that will slow your body and your mind down. That will also reduce your productivity.
7. Get lunch with friends. Turn your lunch hour into social hour if you have time. It is a good time to network and build relationships with co-workers.
8. Sometimes, have lunch with someone you may not necessarily like. You may end up becoming friends after spending time together which can help with your professional relationship.
9. Listen to some music. Depending on what kind of mood you are in, music can be a great way to blow off some steam. It is a small distraction from the work day.
10. Finally, if you are able, take a nap! If you work from home, lie down in your bed. If you are in an office, take a nap in your car or find a quiet conference room that is free. A nap is a great way to refresh and re-energize.