All parts of your body can become irritated at one point or another. There are many different causes as well. But one of the worst places for a woman to have irritation is “down there”. There are a ton of different reasons as to why you would have burning, itching, or a rash on your lady parts. Here are some ways to help with the irritation.
If the irritation is external:
1. Change your underwear. Our skin is sensitive to being wet, so make sure that you change out those undies. Wear cotton as it wicks wetness away from the skin more effectively. Think of it kind of like a diaper rash for adults.
2. If that isn’t a solution that works for you, head over to the pharmacy and grab some A&D ointment or another topical cream that works on diaper rashes. It can help your skin with the irritation that you can get from frequent wiping or vigorous interc0urse. Both of these things can really irritate the skin down there because it is so sensitive.
3. If a cream doesn’t work, it is time to take care of the yeast that is most likely the cause if your itchiness. You will know when you have a yeast infection by the constant itch in the [email protected] area and by a discharge that is cottage cheese-like. There are plenty of anti-fungal treatments available over the counter that can help treat this type of infection, although if those don’t work you may need to get a prescription strength one. Pair this with an antihistamine to help with the itch.
4. If none of the above has worked it is time to see a doctor to get tested. They can diagnose what is causing the problem and find the proper medication to help.
If the irritation is internal:
1. Call your doctor. There is not much that you can do for internal irritation because you can’t see it and can’t really tell what it is. If you have a burning sensation when you pee, you may have a urinary tract infection which needs to be cleared up with an antibiotic.