Everyone loves a pair of juicy kissable lips and no one wants a pair of cracked, dry, and peeling lips. So how do you get that oh-so-kissable look? It’s simple!
1. Drink, drink, and drink some more…water that is. Drink at least 8 cups of water or seltzer per day to keep yourself and your lips hydrated. They are like a sponge, they love to soak up moisture.
2. Try not to lick your lips. There is an enzyme in your saliva that can kill the healthy coating on your lips. Try using some lip balm instead. Not only will it protect your lips, but it can give them a great flavor too!
3. When you buy lip balm read the label first. Find a balm with hydrating ingredients such as bees wax, Vitamin E, shea butter, coconut oil, or jojoba. Petroleum jelly such as Vaseline works as well. If you have extremely chapped lips, go for the Chapstick medicated brand.
4. Get a humidifier for your room when you sleep. Dry air can do a number on your lips, especially while you are breathing in your sleep. Try to find one that will fill the whole room with a soft mist like HomeMedics.
5. Find a lip product that contains fruit-based beta and alpha hydroxyl as it will help to slough off the dead skin and make room for new skin. Only use once a week however because they can be irritating to the skin.
6. Don’t forget to wear your sunscreen, even on your lips! There is lip balm that has an SPF. Don’t forget it when you are at the beach! Your lips are just as sensitive to UV rays as the rest of your body is.
7. Switch up your lipstick. Most matte lipsticks are drying, which is why the color stays on so long. Switch with a Vitamin E rich lipstick every now and then to keep your lips moist and glossy!