When you are on the go it can be hard to find fast food that won’t kill your diet. Here are some hidden fast foods that are actually somewhat healthy for you.
1. Red Robin has delicious gourmet burgers. But if you are looking to cut down on calories, ask for a mini burger instead. It is quarter pound instead of the regular size and is 160 calories as opposed to 300. You can also substitute for a veggie or turkey burger.
2. Guac it up at Wendy’s! After 10pm they run a special where you can add guacamole to any of their sandwiches for free. Try it on one of the healthier flatbread sandwiches instead of dressing.
3. When ordering hot beverages at Starbucks the calories can add up. Order the “short” 8 ounce size not found on menus but available for all hot drinks. If you like cold and frozen drinks, replace whole milk or cream with skim milk and sugar-free syrup.
4. Unofficially available at Cosi for the time being is a fit and fresh salad made with kale, carrots, romaine, sweet potatoes, avocado, black beans, corn, and honey-chipotle dressing.
5. Subway has a few hidden gems such as an Egg White Florentine, a Veggie Delite Flatbread Melt, and a Buffalo chicken and avocado sandwich. All are great low calorie options.
6. Panera offers a Power Breakfast Egg White Bowl with Roasted Turkey at 180 calories for breakfast and a Power Chicken Hummus Bowl for 300 calories for lunch.
7. At Chick-Fil-A if you are getting a fried sandwich, cut calories by getting a bowl of fruit on the side, asking for the bun to be unbuttered, or switching to a whole wheat bun.
8. On The Border has some amazing vegetarian options you can check out online including quesadillas and enchiladas.
9. Noodles & Company released and online cheat sheet for meal combos under 500.
10. In-And-Out offers a burger that is sandwiched between lettuce instead of bread and you can also get a grilled cheese instead of a salty burger.
11. Burger King is offering up soy based veggie burgers and turkey burgers that can be substituted.