We all have hair that is damaged at some point in our lives. Using heat styling tools can dry your hair out and cause breakage. Shampooing too much can rid your scalp of the natural oil that it produces and leave your skin dry and flaky. You may have colored it one too many times and caused damage. If you go to a salon to get a treatment for your hair you could end up spending a lot of money and wasting a lot of time for a treatment that only lasts so long. Over-the-counter products may end up causing more damage than what you already have because of the chemicals involved. Whatever the issue is, there is a great treatment that can help your hair become shiny and manageable again. It’s time to try the mayonnaise treatment!
1. First you need to buy the mayonnaise. The brand does not matter at all, so pick whichever is the cheapest if you would like. Make sure that you are getting mayonnaise however and not something like Miracle Whip.
2. To get your hair ready you need to dampen it with warm water. Make sure that you don’t get it soaked, just lightly dampened.
3. Now it’s time to get a little messy. Scoop the mayo out of the jar with your hand and run it through your hair, just like you would with a conditioner. Make sure you cover all areas of your hair, root to tip. You may only need a little bit or you may end up using the whole jar depending on how long and thick your hair is.
4. Wrap your head up in plastic wrap. You can also use a plastic shopping bag or a shower cap, as long as it keeps the heat in and around your hair at all times. The heat helps the pores on your scalp to open up and get a deeper treatment.
5. Depending on how damaged your hair is let it set for at least 20 minutes, more if you think you have a lot of damage to your hair.
6. Finally shampoo the mayo out of your hair. It may take a few tries to get it all out. Do this treatment once a month for shiny and glossy hair.