Happiness in life is determined by you, but it is also determined by the company you keep. If you feel that you are not as happy as you wish to be, take a look at the people that you keep around. You may have a toxic person in your life that is bringing you down. Here are some signs that someone in your life is toxic to your happiness:
1. Watch out for people who seem to hate everything. It doesn’t matter what it is, they hate it. They never seem to be happy no matter what is going on. Say they get a nice gift from someone, they will find something wrong with it. This kind of negative energy can transfer to the people around them.
2. Toxic people hate when other people are genuinely happy and optimistic. They cannot stand when someone is happy about everything and they make sure that others know it.
3. When you tell a toxic person that you are about to embark on a new adventure they will take their negative experiences and try to talk you out of it. For example if they have been divorced and you are engaged they will tell you all of the horrible experiences they had when they were married and try to tell you why you shouldn’t get married.
4. When a toxic person enters the room you can tell. The energy instantly changes. When you have a conversation with them you can feel your energy being sucked out of you and feel exhausted after they leave.
5. You will hear phrases such as “come to your senses” and “I told you so” when you are around a toxic person. They think that they are realists and will try and talk sense into you no matter what the situation is.