You want to live a long life correct? Well what you may not know is that there are things that you do every day in your life that are taking time away from you and shortening your lifespan! Here is a list of things that you may be doing that could be decreasing your time on Earth.
1. You sit down too much: If you sit for more than three hours per day throughout the day you could be losing up to 2 years of your life.
2. You eat junk: This one may seem a little obvious but eating unhealthy foods can drastically reduce your lifespan.
3. You have been single for too long: Being single or actively looking for a partner for too long can take years off of your life. Your risk of death could be increased by 32% if you never get married.
4. You spend too much time by yourself: Get out and have fun with your friends instead of staying in a dark room. Researchers found that if you are alone for too long it’s as bad as smoking 15 cigarettes per day.
5. You don’t sleep enough or sleep too much: Sleep is essential to our health so when you don’t get enough you are reducing your health and taking years off your life.
6. You are afraid of death: All that worrying about when you will die will make it come sooner!
7. You watch too much TV: Just 2 hours of TV a day can severely decrease your lifespan.
8. You have a long commute: Long commutes equal stress. Stress equals a higher risk of strokes and heart attacks.
9. You are unemployed: Your risk of an early death shoots up nearly 63% if you go long periods without being employed.
10. You have annoying coworkers: This can create stress and the lack of social support from your peers can cut years off of your life.
11. You are in a dry spell: Research found that men’s lifespans were decreased significantly the longer they went without having an [email protected]