There are people out there who have gone through incredible weight loss transformations. Some may have only been 10 or 20 pounds, but depending on their starting size, they may look like a whole new person. You are probably going to turn to this person when you realize that it is time for you to start dropping some pounds too. Here are some common things that they may tell you about your journey:
1. Keep your before photos. They will serve as inspiration to not go back to the way you used to live. It is also a reminder that even though you may be losing at a slower pace than you would like, you are definitely getting smaller.
2. You need to eat. You aren’t going to lose weight if you don’t eat enough calories in the day, just like if you were eating too many. Your body needs that energy to get through a full day so eat up but keep things healthy.
3. Your relationships with others will change as the pounds come off. You will notice that you are more confident and outgoing as the weight comes off and this can change your relationships drastically, but for the better.
4. Budget your calories like you would your bank account. Keep a log of the food that you eat so that you can physically see the numbers of what you are eating and can remain accountable for the things you eat.
5. Forgive yourself. If you keep placing all of the blame and burden on yourself for gaining all of the weight in the first place you will be in no mood to work out and get rid of it.
6. The hardest part is getting started. If you are coming from no exercise during the week, start slow. You don’t have to jump in head first with an hour long routine every day twice per day. Take it slow and do what you can handle. Any exercise is still better than none. You can work up your endurance and ability as you go.
7. Yoga is a great way to lose weight. It really helps you to center yourself and focus on your body. It is a great workout that burns calories and strengthens your muscles too.
8. You can choose how a bump in the road will affect you. You can either brush it off and come back more determined than ever or you can let it take over your life and throw you off track.