Iyanla Vanzant has opened herself up to love and in a recent interview she has revealed the five ways that you can do this as well.
1. Don’t try to impose conditions that you can’t control. Don’t use the phrases “If you really love me you would…” or “If I loved you more I would…”. Those phrases will close you off to true love as your partner will think that love always comes with conditions or an ultimatum. You will be disappointed when the person that you are asking a favor of says no. It doesn’t mean that they don’t love you but you may think that after using that phrase.
2. You cannot get everything that you need from another person, so don’t expect it. Everything you need in life comes from different places. Love is something that we should enjoy; not something that we use to fill a void in life.
3. Serve others in life. You cannot take and take without some give as well. Give to others without the expectation of getting anything back from them. This can open you up to a host of good things and will definitely open you up to love.
4. Heal past wounds. If you don’t let yourself heal from the past how will you ever move on? You will hold yourself back from new experiences because of what has hurt you in the past. Let it go so that you can move on.
5. Embrace the acceptance that you get from others. Learning to be okay with everyone that you have in your life and not want more is something that will help you to open up to love because you will not be looking for something to fill a void.