Iyanla Vanzant is an author, TV personality, and motivational speaker. She has given some tips for women who have no fathers and those who have suffered s*xual abuse. She also gave some disturbing statistics around women who have have grown up fatherless. She says that six out of ten women have been s*xually abused and out of those six, half were abused by someone that they knew. Here is some of her advice for these women:
– If you have been abused, tell someone! It doesn’t matter if you knew who the person was or not, you need to tell someone.
– Do not leave young girls alone with men, even if they are an uncle or close family friend. Make sure that there is an adult female around at all times.
– It is impossible for a person to be unaffected when they have a parent that has left if they are under the age of 13. The parent that is still around tries to fill the void by replacing the parent with more love and attention, but what they are actually doing is compensating for the missing parent.
– Women need to live through their creator and live values of love, beauty, grace and kindness and it is hard to do that if you are running around swearing at others and judging others for how they live their lives.
– Don’t chase money. Chase a vision for everything that you are; your talents and your gifts. Don’t just look for another job. If you need to get a job to get you to your ultimate vision, so be it, but keep looking to that vision.
– Be clear about the person that you are. Define yourself and let others know what you are all about and stay true to yourself.