Women like to try and impress men when they are trying to find a new relationship. There are certain things that they will do that hardly impress men and can actually drive them away, leaving the woman wondering what she did wrong. Writer Tamara Star of ElephantJournal.com has five things that you should never do when you are trying to impress a guy while dating.
1. Women seem to think that there needs to be a conversation going at all times or else the guy is going to get bored. This is not true at all. Let there be some silence once in a while. Women have a need to be the entertainer and try to keep everyone happy and engaged but that is not necessary all of the time. If you throw too much at him and then wonder why he isn’t responding it could be because you are saying way too much.
2. There is such a thing as too much. Too much make-up, too much hair, too much skin showing. You don’t have to go all out and show off everything that you have to try and impress him. Dress in what makes you feel s*xy, not what you think he will find s*xy. This will help you to feel extremely confident about yourself and that will show when you are on a date.
3. Being independent is a great thing, and guys already know that. You don’t need to spend the entire date trying to tell him how independent you are and how much you do not need to be with a man. He knows that women like to depend on themselves and how they may want a man but they don’t need one.
4. Don’t try too hard. Let him do a little bit of the chasing too. If you try too hard to impress him or get him to think a certain way of you, you may come off as fake.
5. Leave him alone for a while. Do not post on his Facebook wall every five minutes. One text a day if that, no more than that, should be sent. He knows that you are around. If you push it he will push away.