When you think of things that can help you to lose weight, your refrigerator is probably one of the last things that would be on your list right? If you do a makeover on your fridge and follow these tips, your refrigerator can definitely help you with your weight loss goals!
– Get everything organized. If all of your food is cluttered and packed haphazardly into your fridge, you are less likely to go for the healthy items and instead just reach for what is easy and up front. If you organize your food so that everything is in its place you will be able to see all of your options instead of just seeing what is in the front. It also helps you to keep track of things like eggs so that you know when you are running low.
– Dedicate one part of your fridge as the snack center. Place the bin front and center at eye level so that when you open the fridge you will see the bin of healthy snacks such as fruits, veggies, and small 100 calorie packs of food.
– Stock up on pre-cut veggies. They are easier to grab on the go or if you are looking for something quick to munch on.
– Make a fruit bowl in your fridge. Stock it with all of your favorite fresh fruits and put it right out front so that you will be more likely to grab an apple or peach on the go instead of something less healthy.
– Get rid of the junk food. Throw out the half eaten jar of dip, throw away the pudding, get rid of the soda. You will have an easier time eating healthy foods if you don’t have junk clouding your view.
– Get healthier alternatives to your favorite junk foods. If you have a weakness for ice cream, grab some frozen yogurt or fruit popsicles instead. If you cut out your favorites cold turkey you will have more of a chance of binge eating.