Summer is coming, and that means vacation, beaches, and swimsuits. Are you prepared for the swimsuit aspect? Just because you are on vacation doesn’t mean you should forget about exercise. Here are some beach exercises you can do to stay in shape for the summer.
Crab Squats – This exercise will help you to tone your legs.
– Stand with your feet more than shoulder width apart
– Drop your glutes so that your thighs are parallel to the ground
– Hold the position
– Take 12 steps forward and 12 steps backward, trying to remain in that position as much as possible. Keep your weight in your heels.
Seashell Reaches – This exercise will help your abs, legs, and balance while you are on the beach collecting seashells.
– Lift your right foot up and place it behind you with your knee bent so that your lower leg is parallel to the ground
– Lean forward and down to the ground as much as you can
– Lean from your hips
– Bring yourself back into a standing position and switch legs. As you are coming up, use your backside to pull your hips in and bring you up, don’t use your back
Towel Side Planks – This is a great toning exercise when you are tanning on the beach.
– Lie on your left side, keeping your knees straight
– Prop your upper body up on your left forearm and elbow
– Raise your hips up so that your body is a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles
– Hold this position for 30 seconds then turn onto your right side and do the same
Surf-Climbers – Amp up your beach day by doing this exercise before getting in the water.
– Drop into a runner’s start position by getting into a pushup stance, then walk your feet forward. Keep your right knee bent below your chest and left leg out behind you, knee slightly bent
– Push your legs to swap the positions of your feet. Keep doing this in short bursts
– When you feel like you are running out of energy, give a final push off and start running