To stay healthy you must embrace a healthy diet and exercise. However there are times where diet and exercise may actually be harming you more than helping you.
1. The first mistake that many people make is that they make a drastic cut in fat, calories, or carbs. Your mood will take a huge hit along with your hair, skin, and nails. There are a lot of vitamins and minerals that you cut out of your diet when you reduce your caloric intake and that can have a negative effect on the body. You need to eat some fats (healthy fats) through the day.
2. Second mistake: You push yourself too hard at the gym. When you are working out and you start to get sharp pains in your foot, you may have plantar fasciitis which could lead to a more serious problem if you don’t get it checked out. Take it easy on joints with pain while exercising because you could cause an even bigger injury.
3. Another mistake people make is sticking with the same type of exercise. You can’t just run all the time and expect to tone and slim down. You need to work other muscles of the body and get some variation in your workouts.
4. If you have been resting for a while between workout sessions, say for a few months, you can’t just jump right back into a routine. You need to work yourself back into exercising slowly and eventually you will get back to the point you were at when you started the break. If you jump back into exercise too intensely, too quickly, your back will suffer because your core strength is no longer what it used to be.
5. You need to fuel your body when you exercise. You shouldn’t do it on an empty stomach as you will not have the right fuel in your body to convert to energy to build your muscles.
6. If you don’t rest, you will eventually tire yourself out so much that your sleeping patterns will be destroyed. When you don’t get enough sleep you can’t burn fat as effectively. Your muscles need time to recover, so plan in rest days on your schedule.
7. You are stressing about another crash diet to lose a few pounds. This can cause you to overeat because of the stress. You will end up gaining weight instead of losing it. Try yoga or meditation instead.