When you go through a nasty breakup it can really take a toll on you mentally and physically. It does take time to get over something like that but it doesn’t have to take as long as you may think. Here are some steps to help you start the healing process and begin living life again:
1. Meditation is a great way to relax yourself and clear your mind. You can take it one step further and have a cup of coffee right before you do a 20 minute meditation session. It sharpens your mind and helps you to clear out negative thoughts.
2. Think about all the things that you put off while you were in a relationship. Now is the time to focus on yourself and do the things that you want to do.
3. You may have picked up some bad habits from your relationship. Think about new habits that will have a positive effect on your life and try to implement them slowly.
4. Find a large goal to achieve and make it your focus. If you have something that you need to work hard to get you will think less about a past relationship and focus more on the task at hand.
5. Make sure that you have figured out what all of your bad habits are that you may have acquired while you were with that person. Look at the impact that they had on your life and find ways to break them.
6. Make sure that you get plenty of exercise in. Yes it can be hard to even get out of bed some mornings because of your emotions but exercise leads to the release of endorphins which puts you in a better mood.
7. Think about the person that you would like to become. You are your own person now so make yourself the best you that you can be.
8. Find a challenge that may scare you. If you are someone that would never go out to eat alone, do it. Push past your fear. It doesn’t have to be anything big. This will show you that you are in control of your life and can handle whatever comes your way.
9. Remember that no matter what you have friends and family that love you and will support you through the rough times. Remember how much you love them too.
10. Finally, get out and do something different for a change. Instead of going to the mall to window shop go to a thrift store instead. Take a new route home from work or learn a new craft project. Mix things up a bit and take your mind off of your post-breakup routine.