A superfoods are foods that are all natural and have many different benefits for your overall health and well-being. They contain antioxidants and vitamins to keep your mind sharp as a tack, to improve things like eyesight, and even help build your immune system. Here is a list of some superfoods that can even help you with getting slimmer and staying that way!
1. Black beans: 15 grams of protein will satisfy your hunger without the fats.
2. Oats: Oats contain 4.6 grams of resistant starch which helps your metabolism and helps you to burn calories. They also contain a lot of fiber to keep you from being hungry.
3. Avocados: Yes there are fats in them, but they are the good kind. Snack on half or a quarter of an avocado to help keep your weight down.
4. Salmon: This fish is rich in monosaturated fats (the good kind of fats) as well as protein. It is better for you than red meat because it doesn’t have the saturated fats.
5. Blueberries: Just one cup of this sweet fruit leaves you feeling full with four grams of fiber and plenty of antioxidants.
6. Broccoli: There is plenty of fiber in this veggie to keep you feeling full and only 30 calories per serving.
7. Brown Rice: Healthier than white rice, brown rice has 1.7 grams of resistant starch as well as fiber. It is a heavy and filling food that is light on calories.
8. Pears: You will find 15% of your daily fiber in this tasty fruit.
9. Wine: If there was ever a reason to drink wine, this would be it! Resveratrol is found in wine and has been linked to stopping fat storage. One glass can boost your calorie burn for up to 90 minutes!
10. Grapefruit: The tangy taste of this citrus is too much for some but eating half a grapefruit before each meal can help you lose up to a pound a week. It lowers the levels of insulin in your body which are responsible for fat storage.