Ashleigh Hitchcock and her family are the pinnacle of health. They rarely, if ever, get sick. How do they stay so healthy? Ashleigh shares six secrets to avoid being sick through the year.
1. Garlic – Most of the dinners that are cooked in the Hitchcock household include garlic. It has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties. It can help you rid your body of toxins and helps to kill any parasites or bacteria that make be lurking.
2. Turmeric – It is no secret that this spice is effective in healing the body. The main component of turmeric is curcumin. It is a spice that is used in many Indian dishes. Curcumin and turmeric help to fight common colds and viruses that spread throughout the year. Hitchcock says she sneaks a little of the spice into every meal so that her kids get multiple servings per day.
3. Fresh Air – Have you ever felt sick and just wanted to open a window or sit outside and breathe in the fresh air? There is a reason! The fresh air can help to boost your immune system. The sunlight helps you soak in vitamin D, boost your energy, and increases endorphins which boost your mood.
4. Smiling – When someone smiles at you, it makes you feel happier doesn’t it? When you smile at someone you are relaxing your body, boosting your immune system, and getting rid of stress all at the same time. While you are helping yourself by smiling at someone, you are helping them also as your smile can help to boost their mood.
5. Epsom Salt – When you want to soak in a hot bath, add a little Epsom salt to the mixture. It helps to detoxify your body, get rid of the lactic acid in your muscles, and can also help you to boost your white blood cell production (which is a huge immune system booster).
6. Love – Last but not least, say “I love you”. Hitchcock says that her family says this every time someone leaves a room. The Beatles had it right when they said, “…all you need is love”. When you feel loved the genes in your body that control your immune system tell it to work harder.