Pole fitness is becoming more and more popular these days and there is a reason why…it is one of the most intense workouts you will ever give your body. Here are 11 things that you may not know about pole dancing for fitness:
1. When you think of pole dancing you are probably thinking of what goes on in a strip club, but there are actually different kinds of pole dancing. There is art, s*xy, and sport.
2. No matter how old they are, those who use pole dance for fitness are in the best shape of their lives. It is a cardio and strength training workout in one. Every muscle in your body will ache but it will improve your flexibility and balance.
3. You need to have skin exposed so that you can grip onto the pole better. Your arms, legs, and stomach needs to be exposed for safety reasons.
4. It’s not just about dancing. There are tricks and stunts that are performed. Props are involved. Some people turn this into a serious and competitive sport that some are trying to make into an Olympic sport.
5. Men pole dance as well. Some will even compete professionally.
6. If you are not properly trained, you could become seriously injured.
7. It is great for your emotional health too. Getting a trick down that you never thought you could do is a great mood booster.
8. Even if you think you have no upper body strength, that is no reason not to try it. You can gain upper body strength.
9. It is not always hot and s*xy. There are times when it is mellow and more artistic.
10. People still judge those who use pole dancing as a form of fitness.
11. Because so many people judge those who do pole fitness, the community of people who do it are very close. They are like a family that needs to stand up for each other.