Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It jump starts your metabolism and helps to wake you up and get your body running. It is important that you include some of the following healthy foods into your daily routine to get the most benefit out of this crucial meal.
1. The incredible, edible egg. Eggs contain 13 essential nutrients. They are high in protein which will help you to feel fuller, longer and will cause you to snack less through the day.
2. Coffee is a great way to start your day in small amounts. It is packed with antioxidants and can help you get going due to the caffeine. You must be careful however with how much sugar and cream you add (none is preferable). Coffee has also been shown to reduce the risk of some cancers.
3. Bananas are rich in fiber, potassium, and Vitamin C. This helps your immune system, digestive system and is good for your heart.
4. Grapefruits are a tart treat in the mornings that are packed with Vitamin C and potassium. There is also a lot of fiber to help you feel full. Watch out if you have acid reflux as the grapefruit contains a lot of citric acid.
5. Berries are like nature’s candy. They are sweet and come in tiny packages. Loaded with Vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants they are a great way to start your morning.
6. Greek yogurt is full of protein that will leave you full so that you reduce snacking. It is also a great source of calcium. Be aware of sugar content however.
7. Tea is a morning immune system booster. It is loaded with antioxidants for your body. Green, white, and black teas have been shown to help ward off certain types of cancers.
8. Oatmeal is hearty and will leave you feeling full due to all of the fiber. It also helps to lower cholesterol.