Power foods are are a great boost for your body. They have multiple benefits and yet people don’t seem to know about them! Here are some great power foods for women and what their benefits are.
1. Parmesan cheese: The calcium in parmesan cheese can help you to build strong bones. In just one ounce of parmesan there is 340mg of calcium which is more than a third of your daily requirement.
2. Apples: For a boost to your immunity, bite into an apple. They are sweet and full of benefits. They contain quercetin which is an antioxidant that helps your immune system fight off diseases.
3. Lentils: Lentils can help you if you are low in iron. In just one cooked cup they contain 30% of your daily recommended iron intake.
4. Broccoli: In just one cup of broccoli, there is enough vitamin C to complete your daily requirement. Vitamin C helps to fight wrinkles and promote collagen in the skin.
5. Potatoes: These vegetables contain resistant starch which is a healthy carb. It helps to fight fat and helps to fight heart disease. They also have more potassium than a banana.
6. Spinach: Spinach is high in vitamin K as well as calcium and magnesium. Calcium and magnesium help slow the breakdown of bones. Folate is also found in spinach which is a B vitamin the helps prevent birth defects.
7. Dark chocolate: Let’s be honest, none of us will hate to eat this one. Dark chocolate helps to reduce the production of the stress hormone cortisol.
8. Mushrooms: This fungus can help you to reduce your risk of breast cancer by 64% in just one third of an ounce a day.
9. Avocado: This tasty and creamy treat can help to reduce belly fat. They are high in monosaturated fats which help to drop weight.