When a relationship is over, sometimes it is hard to just let go and move on. There are many different ways to heal, here are a few.
1. Know that it is over. Once you have come to accept that the relationship is definitely over, you can begin the healing process and begin to move on with your life.
2. Allow yourself to feel the pain. If you hold your emotions in and don’t grieve properly, you could be hanging on to lingering feelings and hurting yourself more in the end.
3. Learn from it. When a relationship ends, there is a reason. Take the experience and turn it into a positive one by knowing what to look out for with your next relationship and knowing how to fix a problem when it arises.
4. Remind yourself again and again as to why it did not work out. If he cheated on you but you keep thinking that you want to be back together with him, just remember what he did every time you look at him. If you were the cause of the break up, take that and really think about the damage it did to your relationship and avoid it with the next one.
5. Get out and exercise. It can help to relieve the stress of a break up and can also get you into shape and feeling better about yourself. Try something new like Zumba or Crossfit.
6. Visualize what you think letting go of the past looks like and then turn it into action. If you think letting go means getting out with your friends and doing something new, do it. The busier you keep yourself, the less you will think about the past relationship and eventually you will forget about the lingering feelings altogether.