Your morning smoothie is great for you but there are five different foods that you can throw into your smoothie to make it even better.
1. Powdered greens make a fantastic addition to your smoothie. You can get powdered chlorella, wheatgrass powder, or powdered spirulina. These greens are great for those who suffer from inflammation or are stressed all the time. The main component of them is chlorophyll which is one of nature’s best medicines. It protects against cancer and can cleanse the blood.
2. Chocolate lovers rejoice! You can add organic cacao to your smoothie to make it taste better and to gain some great benefits. There are minerals, vitamins, and phytonutrients that are found in cacao. It is best for people who have high stress levels as it calms the nervous system down.
3. Acai berries are full of antioxidants. They help your cells from becoming damaged and can also help the body repair itself. Inflammation can be prevented by having antioxidants. You can also add blueberries, pomegranates, and black cherries.
4. Chia seeds are nature’s little miracle seeds. They have a ton of great benefits and can be added to most anything. They contain 8 times the omega-3 that salmon has and also have calcium and iron. They are 20% protein as well. The omega-3 is great for heart health as well as mental health. It is great for your hair and nails.
5. Maca is not well-known but it is a powerful added ingredient. It is used exclusively in Peru. It helps to improve fertility and libido in both women and men. It also is packed full of fiber, protein, iron, and calcium.