By: Isabella Carson
Did you know that 10-20% of women have never had the Big O? It may seem like that is impossible but there are many out there who haven’t. They may feel ashamed about it or are very frustrated. Sometimes there are medical issues that prevent it, sometimes there are psychological issues. Dr. Emma Dixon, a holistic doctor and s*xuality coach gives some tips on how to achieve [email protected] if you never have before:
1. Proteins and healthy fats are the way to go when focusing on your diet. Sugars and grains should be limited. What does this have to do with achieving climax? These foods play a role in having healthy and balanced hormone levels. If your hormones are out of whack you libido goes right out the window.
2. Make sure that you are keeping your body fit. Some women cannot climax because their muscles are constricted or they have nerves that are constricted somewhere in their body. Yoga can be a huge help with this as it works the muscles and helps to relieve tension. The constriction should open up and you will be able to gain more sensation in the parts that need it most.
3. Relax. Stress is the enemy in this situation so you need to find something to relax yourself every day. Make a routine and stick with it. This way you will be able to have less stress in your life and your body will be free to focus on more important matters.
4. Focus. When you are in bed, whether it be with your partner or alone, make sure that all distractions are gone. You could be so close to the point of no return and then think about something like a phone call that you forgot to make and you will have to get your brain back into arousal mode all over again. This can be time consuming and if you are with a partner you may not have enough time to get back to that point. Focus and concentrate only on the task at hand.
5. Take some time to explore your body. Learn about the things that you like and what you don’t like. Take your time, go slowly, and relax. Enjoy your alone time and do it over and over again so that you can learn more each time. Dr. Dixon recommends at least three times a week.
6. If none of this works you may want to see a doctor to see if there is another underlying issue that you won’t be able to solve on your own.