It is summer time and you know what that means…bathing suits! If you are excited to go swimming but not excited at the prospect of wearing that new bikini because you are feeling a tad thick around the waist, don’t worry. Here are 8 belly fat fighting and bloat curing foods that you can eat for a flatter beach belly.
1. Cucumber salad – Add some diuretics (like cucumber) into your diet as they help to reduce water retention. Cut up half of a cucumber, throw a quarter of a cup of parsley and a tablespoon of lemon juice.
2. Fruits – When you become dehydrated your belly tends to puff out. Eating fruits can help because they are naturally hydrating. Try some mango or papaya, or scoop out half of a cantaloupe and add slices of papaya for a mouth-watering snack. Melons are great for a snack because not only do they hydrate but they have potassium as well.
3. Ginger smoothie – Blend three cups of kale and spinach, two kiwis, one thumb sized ginger root, and half a cup of ice cold water. The ginger helps to reduce bloating and other digestive irritations.
4. Avocado – An avocado is a fruit that tastes like a veggie. It is a great addition to a turkey sub instead of mayo. It is high in fats that are heart-healthy and doesn’t spike your blood sugar.
5. Ice water – It is easy, it is quick, and there is very little preparation for this healthy bloat blocker. Thirst can be mistaken for hunger so before you snack grab some water. It will help to fill you up and avoid the salty snacks.
6. Fennel seeds – Eat a handful when you feel like you are bloated as these naturally reduce bloating.
7. Apple cider vinegar – It helps you to promote healthy bacteria in your system and allows for easier digestion. Add some to your salad dressing or to a mixture of water and tonic in the morning.
8. Peppermint oil – Chewing on gum can make you suck in more air causing more bloating. Try swallowing a peppermint oil capsule. It will give you fresh breath and also aids digestion.