Super-foods are a huge trend nowadays and there is a reason that everyone is getting into them. Super-foods are great for your body and mind and can greatly affect your overall health. Here are five super-foods that you should always have on hand.
1. Goji Berries: These red berries look a little like raisins. They are packed with amino acids and a ton of protein. On top of the amino acids they are full of trace nutrients such as copper, iron, selenium, zinc, calcium and phosphorus. These are all minerals that we sometimes fail to get enough of. Finally, they have some of the highest amounts of antioxidants out of any food in the entire world.
2. Cacao: Raw chocolate is actually very good for you. There is no sugar added so you don’t have to worry about blood sugar spikes. It has a lot of antioxidants and is great for your bones because it also contains manganese, chromium, and iron.
3. Raw Honey: Again, no added sugars here. Vitamins and minerals are packed into anything that is made by a bee. It is a natural sugar, so use sparingly but it is sweeter than regular sugar so you can use less in your tea.
4. Coconut Oil: There are so many different uses for coconut oil. Any product that comes from a coconut is loaded with nutrients for you. It also is great as an antifungal, antiviral, and antimicrobial agent. It can be used as a skin moisturizer but can also be eaten for blood sugar control. It supports the immune system, thyroid, and nervous system.
5. Spirulina: This is an algae. It is full of enzymes, phytonutrients, and minerals. It is 65% protein. It also has sulfur in it which is great for your immune system, flexibility, skin complexion, and speedy healing. It comes in a powdered form and is easy to add to a smoothie or yogurt.