We all know some of the obvious symptoms that we get when we are sick, but there are some telltale signs that many people overlook that they really shouldn’t.
1. If you have trouble sleeping or have insomnia you may have too much stress. When you go to sleep the stress hormone cortisol is supposed to drop so that you can relax. If you are having problems sleeping your cortisol levels may be too high.
2. Have you noticed that you are losing inches? You may be losing bone density. This happens as osteoporosis begins. Try getting more calcium and vitamin D in your diet.
3. If you have more belly fat than you do on your hips and waist you have a higher risk of heart disease.
4. Tired all the time? You may want to get your thyroid checked out. Yes, being fatigued is a result of a busy lifestyle or a sign that you are getting sick with a common cold or the flu, but there could but other underlying issues if you are really tired all of the time.
5. When you are not hydrated you will notice that your urine is dark yellow and has a strong smell. Make sure that you are drinking enough water.
6. If you snore you may have sleep apnea. This should be checked out sooner rather than later as it could have damaging consequences.
7. Are you always anxious? Anxiety creeps up without warning sometimes. Take a look at yourself and see if you can figure out why you are feeling anxiety. If you can find a reason, see a doctor to test your hormones.
8. If you don’t have regular bowel movements you may not be eating right or have a digestive problem. You should have a bowel movement every time you eat a meal.
9. If you are always itchy you may have eczema or another skin disorder. Excessive itchiness could also be the first warning sign that something is up with your liver.
10. Do you find that you are always sick with colds and flu? This could mean that your immune system is weak and you may have an underlying issue.
11. If you are always reaching for Chapstick because of cracked lips you could have a vitamin B deficiency.
12. Breaking out with acne or other skin problems can mean that you have a hormonal imbalance or too much stress.