By: Serena Crawford
When you go to the doctor’s office the topic of s*x is not brought up often unless you are having a problem in that area. Even then many people feel uncomfortable or even ashamed to talk to their doctor about anything that has to do with that part of their lives. Doctors are there to listen and help and there is no need to feel embarrassed at all. These are some reasons why you absolutely should talk to your doctor about your bedroom activities:
1. If you are having an issue such as a lack of libido or inability to climax you may be having an issue with the prescription medications that you are on. Talk to your doctor if you feel this may be the case. They may be able to find a different medication that will not have that as a side effect or they may be able to tell you ways to work around it.
2. If medications are not the issue you may want to have your doctor check your overall health. If you have a healthy bedroom life your body will show it. You will have less stress, your hormones will be regulated, and you will sleep better. If you find that you are never in the mood anymore your body could be telling you that there is a deeper problem that needs to be checked.
3. The more informed you are the better off you will be. When you talk to your doctor openly it is a great time to learn about STDs, different risks and precautions, and different contraceptives. The more you know about these things the better off you will be.
4. If you are having issues in the bedroom it can greatly affect your relationship with your partner. If you have something going on that is being ignored you will not be able to fix whatever the problem is so that you can have a healthy relationship. This is why it is so important to tell your doctor if you are having any issues at all.
5. Hormones play a huge role when it comes to our libido. If we don’t have our hormones regulated we will find that the natural order of things is disrupted. Your doctor can do tests to see what is wrong with your hormones and may be able to figure out how to get them balanced again so you can get back to doing what you normally do.