Try as we may, sometimes it just seems impossible to lose weight. Fad diets usually don’t work and other extreme diets that people try can be downright harmful to their heath. Here are ten strange tricks that can help you to lose weight and will still keep you healthy.
1. Break out the toothpaste. After you are done with a meal, go into the bathroom and brush your teeth with mint flavored toothpaste. Or if you are eating at a restaurant, bring the small travel toothbrushes that have a dollop of toothpaste in the center of the brush already. Mint helps curb appetites.
2. Gross yourself out. If you are feeling full but can’t stop eating, have someone lick the handle of your silverware and stick it in your food, or watch something that is gross on Youtube. It will kill your appetite.
3. Purge the junk from your house. If you don’t have junk food to snack on there is no temptation and if you are truly hungry you will grab something healthy.
4. Have your cake and eat it too. Make smarter choices when baking such as replacing butter or oil with applesauce. You won’t know the difference and will have less calories and fat.
5. If you get the urge to snack or are going somewhere with a big meal, squeeze into your skinny clothes. You will have less room for food and will realize that you want to get rid of some weight.
6. Tell jokes. Laughter is a great workout.
7. Fidget your way to lower weight. The more you fidget, the more calories you burn.
8. Buy smaller dishes. You will tend to eat less because your portions look bigger.
9. When you are watching TV, get up at every commercial and do a little workout. A one hour show can turn into 25 minutes of exercise!
10. Drink water. Don’t get soda when you go out to eat. Avoid alcohol. Water and seltzer are your best friends when trying to lose weight.